Monday, July 17, 2006

Entry for July 11, 2006

Last night was the cardplayer league tourney. A lot of good players and some really good people as well. I took 5ht out of the 50 some odd people in there and placed solidly in the money. Talked with yo_bee this morning about some of the things with the tournament and how things went, styles, problems, and such. Wow, it feels great to go over some of these things with another player. I think I might cut and past some of the highlights of what happened and what we talked about.

Ezarc: it is like seeing an a-q when short, I know I am dying then

Ezarc: doesn't matter if I am ahead or trailing, always lose with that when I am short.

(If I know it is the kiss of death, why move with it? Just a thought.)

Yo_Bee: when you do raise a nice amount (3x to 4x the BB) 50% of the pot and you get a reraise

Yo_Bee: what do you do

Ezarc: Heh, depends on the hand and who has reraised you.

Yo_Bee: WC or SYN

Yo_Bee: and you are in position on him

Ezarc: You have position and a real hand, ak, tens or better, smooth call

Ezarc: AJ or AQ, pockets 7s-10 you have to either push or fold.

Ezarc: First situation you have position and can read the board texture and see where it takes you. Second situation you need to figure out the chips, the odds, and weither this is the hand you think you might die for.

Ezarc: Never die with an ugly hand unless you are that short you have too.

(Not that I know anymore then Yo_Bee, it is just the situation of being stuck between two very aggressive players had him frustrated. He is actually a better player then me most of the time. Follow this from a little later.)

Ezarc: Always seem to guess wrong when the guys who are making alot of plays raise or reraise me.

Ezarc: last nights I just rolled over in most of those situations.

Ezarc: Took my good cards to the bank when I could.

(I didn't go shooting for a showdown when I held a marginal hand. Let it go, screw the odds and look for a better situation.)

It was a much different tournament for me then most. A lot less aggressive. More patience with so many really aggressive players out there. Just tight weak, which is a style I don't play that often. Much different feel to it. I guess I am just learning to lay down better as well. Need to continue on like this.

No comments: