Thursday, August 03, 2006

I miss bigger limits.

I know I posted this elsewhere but I need the double vent for this one.
Ok, playing in a $5 MTT and am able to get up double and then a little within the first 2 levels. Not too dang rare.
Well here is some of the crap that hits on level three 25-50. I have been playing tight agressive and only been showing down solid hands. UTG is a loose player and bumps it up to 150, I am in mid and look down on JJ. I Bump it up to 750 and the button, another loose player, calls. The UTG moves in for all his chips. I have only to call about 700 more to call him , so I just smooth call hoping that the button will either melt away or give me a side pot if the UTG actually has a hand. Well, the button just calls as well.
Flop is a wonder full rainbow of low garbage. I have about 1700 left and drop it in. Ok, I understand that it is only 1700 to get in on the pot that will end up at 7900 or so but the donkey button calls it off with AJ unsuited. The UTG had AJ unsuited as well. No jacks left but only two aces as well. The turn pairs the 4 on the board and the river is an ace.
Now I don't know about you, but since when did AJ unsuited become a farging monster hand? I would like to know what either of these freaking morons was thinking? Ugh, I miss playing at higher limits.
Next time I go donkey hunting I am bringing a gun.
*Cleansing breath* Ok, I feel better now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you bump it up to 750 when the blinds were only 25-50?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just think of the monster pots you will walk away with the other 90+% of the time they do that... don't let the bad beats turn you bitter!