Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Loving the game

Ok, so I played like heck last night. Beat myself up a little. And then a post on CP kind of woke me up a little. Not so much the question but how I answered.

"For those of you on this site that play online poker as a profession or as a sure way to get money, what would u change if you were 16 agian? What I'm getting at is what would you have done to help you game so come time when ur 18 your ready to go? I feel like I'm starting relatively early and I have 2 years before I go play live and start depositing my own money online.


Right now I just rented a couple books from the library: Shuffle up and Deal. Harrington on holdem vol 2. Hold'em Poker by david sklansky and mason malmuth Annie Dukes bok

Kind of a stupid question to ask but you guys dont no me so i feel free to type anything. You can look forward to a lot more of these amaturic posts by me.

Any input would be swell, thanks"

Here is my answer.

"Have fun with your math and psychology classes. Knowing the math and the psychology is very important if you would like to go far.
Most import thing of all is remember, you are young and to have a blast doing something you love. If you don't love the game, all the bright lights won't mean squat. If you don't love the game it won't help you to work through busting your bankroll for the 20th time. If you don't love the game, why bother."

Winning is great. Playing like hell suck but the bottom line is I love the game. I play great one day and like heck the other. My consistancy is not good at this point. Bottom line is I love the game and hope I never stop learning about it and never lose that love of the game.

No comments: