Saturday, August 12, 2006

Yeah Baby, build it up!

Ok, tried babying it up. Doing better at that but ran into a small snag. My last day of my $50+$4 tournamant ticket at Pokerroom. Couldn't find any larger MTT tourney with it today so put it in a SitnGo. First SitnGo at this level. When I had a good bankroll used to play mostly $10s with some $20s thrown in. Well, my feeble bankroll at that site just bumped from $64 to $214 as I took down 2nd.
Played tight as heck as I just tried to figure out who was playing how. Ended up making a bit here and there with some hands and bumping out a short stack with KK vs. a-5. Ended up with a big stack on both sides of me. But worked it down to four without too many worries. At four the guy to the right of me drifted off which he had done at times but this time he didn't hop back on right after his time expired. Both me and the player to my left hit on the small stack and the big player got most of the bbs of the player to my left. Finally the small went in utg with k-q and the big stack woke up to aces. Done and done.
Had trouble towards the end because with the #3 guy sitting out and the big stack kept putting in monster raises and I had nothing to play back at him with. Didn't want to cost myself $50 because some asshole sat out and I tried to take first with a marginal hand.
The three guy came back for a hand or two but I put him down with queens vs. a5. Was too short stacked for any miracle comeback as I took 2nd.
Over all I felt pretty satisfied with my play and just wish that the guy hadn't sat out. That really put me in a terrible position with the big stack. I might have taken third because of it but it would have given me a better chance to take first.

No comments: